As an attorney, educator, and entrepreneur, I’ve attended my share of conferences, events, and meetings of all sizes. Here’s what I’ve learned over the years: an event rises or falls based on the quality of the speaker. People can deal with crowded facilities and lame refreshments, but they won’t put up with a speaker who is boring or uninformed. If the speaker is on point, there’s a good chance that your audience will come back for the next event and that they’ll bring others with them. Here’s a quick video to help you get to know me.
Being a good speaker doesn’t mean mere entertainment. People can get that without attending your event. A good speaker brings inspiration. He brings gravitas. He has a message. He gives people both the passion and the tools to go somewhere new. That’s what I bring to the table.
My Mission and Message
I’ve been married for over 20 years and have four children. I have a thriving law practice in Lexington, Kentucky, with over 100 long-term clients. As a speaker, educator, and attorney, I’ve been in front of audiences for over 25 years. During that time, I’ve had the opportunity to meet plenty of men trying to navigate their journey in life. What I’ve learned is that too many are not thriving, feeling everything from discontentment and restlessness to depression, frustration, anger, and hopelessness.
My mission is to help men obtain better life experiences. My message, titled Restoring the Masculine Soul, is that a good life comes from developing the masculine nature that is hard-wired into our DNA. In short, men must unleash the man within. By building strong bodies, by developing skills that make them capable and productive, and by connecting with others, men prepare for and actually create a life of adventure that satisfies the longing of their souls.
I’ve written two books, Manhood and The Hero’s Journey and The Man Strong Blueprint, both geared at helping men who are looking to get more out of their lives. If your event is aimed at improving men’s lives, if you want them to walk out of your event inspired to be better men who are better at being men, then I have a message that will both inspire and guide them.
What You Can Expect
When you work with me, you can expect a professional experience. Here are five promises that I make:
- Direct access to me. You can count on prompt responses and communication on my end.
- I’ll create a video and make announcements to promote your event on my website, my social media channels (Facebook and Twitter), and to my e-mail subscribers.
- A professional, thoughtful, inspiring presentation geared towards your goals for the audience.
- A page on my website accessible only by your audience that contains the information from my presentation, along with other resources that will help them digest and apply the information from my presentation.
- Whenever possible, I make myself available for the remainder of the conference to meet with your audience members to go deeper on the topics discussed. This is often where the real growth occurs for attendees.
The Next Step
Booking a speaker for your event is a process, and I aim to make it as painless as possible. Click the button below and we can start discussing the details of your event. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Stephen L. Marshall is a husband, father of four, attorney, author, speaker, and men’s expert based out of Lexington, Kentucky. His mission is to help men find a better life experience through developing the masculine virtues of strength, courage, skillfulness, and honor. His website, The Man’s Life, and books are geared towards creating good men who are good at being men.